I'm a storyteller who has been using data, discourse, and design to tell widely varied stories to wildly different audiences for 20 years. Here are some recent things that I've built.
What I've Been Working On:
Relevant Work Experience
- Design data visualizations for data journalism PR materials.
- Source, scrape and clean target datasets.
UC Berkeley MIDS
- Assist students with coding or design questions for data visualizations.
- Work with teaching staff to review and improve data visualization curriculum.
Gilder, Gagnon, Howe & Co.
- Identified, researched and pitched investment stories to a team of portfolio managers with ~$5B in assets under management.
- Combined public data, meetings with company management, trend analysis, surveys and social media insights with finances to build an investment thesis.
- Developed alternative points of view to conventional wisdom, and defended those views against skepticism and scrutiny.
Aurora Theatre Company
- Co-created and built the infrastructure for the Global Age Project (GAP), an annual playwriting contest that focuses on the future. Designed and built the world’s first entirely digital play submission and review system.
- Created and fostered relationships with writers to develop and improve their plays for production via workshops, readings, and direct feedback.
- Contextualized productions for the audience via program notes, newsletter, marketing materials and talkbacks.
Pursued By Bear
- Founded graphic and web design company specializing in usability, accessibility and web standards and serving primarily nonprofit and education clients.
- Built websites for dozens of clients with budgets from thousands to millions of dollars, including the largest theatre service organization in the country (Theatre Bay Area).